Babes. We're talking about something real serious today. Picking your pack.
They say you're an average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. So go out there and find a pack that's impacting your life in a positive way! It's amazing what happens you start doing life with people who are heading the same direction you want to go. Put your time and effort into cultivating healthy friendships. I've had to make some changes the past year in who I'm spending my time with. And I can not stress enough how important it is! It's amazing what happens when you start cutting out the negativity in your life. I'm sharing the top 5 things I've started looking for in people I bring into my life.
1. Trust- You should be able to confide in one another. You should be able to tell your pack exactly what is going on in your life, your struggles, your pains without being worried that they might share that with someone else.
2. Support- I can not stress enough how important it is to surround yourself with people who are supportive. People who believe in you and push you to chase your dreams and grow.
3. Common Interests- There should be things you bond over, whether it's music, or books, or running, or travel, or cooking, or shopping, or the fact that you binge watch the same shows on Netflix. You should be able to discuss things other than other people. You should be able to have real conversations about things that matter to you. And you should be able to do things together that bring you both joy.
4. Humor- Because if you're not taking hilarious boomerang videos of each other in the grocery store what's the point???
5. Honesty- You need people who will be straight up with you and give you sound counsel. Being a good friend doesn't mean you always agree with every decision the other person makes. Sometimes you need someone to say "check yourself before you wreck yourself!"
If you're lucky enough to have good people in your life then you gotta celebrate those relationships! Make sure you're giving these things back to the people in your life. I am a firm believer that you get what you give. So if you start to be the type of friend you want, you're going to attract those kinds of people.
In case you weren't aware the best day of the year is coming up! Galentine's Day! (duh!) If you're not a Parks and Rec nerd, it's a holiday all about ladies celebrating ladies (and breakfast food) and since that's totally my jam I'm hooking you up with some free printables to gift to your best gal pals on the 13th. Just sign up for ol' email list below and download these adorable little Leslie Knope inspired cards. Then print em off, share with your best lady friends, snap a picture and share it on instagram with #wildishheart so I can come say hey.